Tuesday, June 13, 2006

another scan PLUS 1 down, 2 to go...

I had another CAT scan today. Everything went fine.... I got my 2 glasses of contrast to drink in 45 minutes plus 2 more in another 45 minutes. Then I was taken back for my scan and they set me up to go feet first (which was different than usual, but fine), did the scan, and then I was on my way. Afterward, I felt fine, but later I had a headache (mainly from a lack of caffeine since I could not eat or drink until after my appointment, so until 11:00 am by the time I got back to work) and was very run down/tired (probably more to due with the hectic weekend rather than the scan). All in all, everything is going well. The only lingering side effects of all my treatments seem to be a touchy stomach (I get heartburn from time to time and feel nauseous frequently) and a lack of energy (I need more sleep and do not recover from a lack of sleep as easily/quickly).

I have a Dr's appointment in 2 weeks to review the scan results...more to follow then.

1 down, 2 to go - It is official, my oldest child (CJ) graduated high school on Sunday. He is very relieved (us too), BUT is a little nervous about what comes next. He is planning to go to UW Milwaukee this Fall. Our youngest (Kennedy) is very sad about her brother leaving and has become very emoitional about either of the boys being away from our house in the evenigs. She grabs them and tells them "don't leave........don't leave". Not sure how we wil get past this challenge, but we have a few months to figure it out before CJ leaves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home