Monday, July 25, 2005

free at last....free at last....

Radiation Week 3

Mon 7/25/05 -- Same 10 minute timeframe as previous treatments. I was scheduled to meet with Dr. Howard, but he was double-booked. He told me that he would meet with me next week, and I reminded him I was DONE with my treatments after today, so he sat down and talked with me for a few minutes.

Basically, he reminded me that my symptoms will get worse before they get better BUT there should be no long-term or permanent side effects (HURRAY!!!!). I told him about the skin tenderness/dryness, a sort of itchy/numbness which has started in the same area on my cheek/jaw (he said it is caused by the dryness -- moisturize, moisturize, moisturize,), and finally, told him about the soreness inside my mouth (which is now preventing me from eating spicy foods - I am NOT sure I can tolerate THAT, how horrible). He said everything will fade over time. AS for the mouth soreness, it should start to get better in 1-2 weeks.

He finished by saying he is definitely interested in Taekwondo classes. He said we will talk about it more at my follow up appointment in 1 month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home