Tuesday, June 14, 2005

chemotherapy continues...

treatment 7 of 8 (the countdown continues...only 1 left) --actually written on 6/27/05-- the 7th treatment went OK. I did have the "anticipatory nausea", BUT this time taking my meds to help lessen the effects DID NOT HELP. I am still not "catching up" on my energy level between treatments, and I am feeling pretty nauseous most of the time for the first week after treatment (and frequently after that). This time I did not make it out of the doctors office without vomiting, my first time during my treatment so far. The next morning, when I got to work, I vomited a 2nd time, and then it passed -- not too bad only twice in 7 treatments.

I also left the day after treatment for ATA World Championship in Little Rock, AR. I was worried about the trip down but it went fine. I took everything slow and did more watching than participating. The overall trip went fine, and it was nice to see everyone. I felt like I did not do as much as I wanted and missed out a bit BUT I did what I could AND I will do more next year. I was great just to be there and get my booster shot of ATA enthusiasm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home