Thursday, April 07, 2005

chemotherapy continues...

Treatment 2 of 8 (not that I am counting...ok, ok I AM counting)...I went to treatment today, they drew blood to check my levels, and then I started to get ready for my chemo. My white cell count came back low, so I had to wait to consult with Dr. Hei before they would decide if I was going to have treatment or not -- that's not cool, it would COMPLETELY screw up my gameplan/timeline. While I was waiting, I sat thinking of how I would convince the doctor to proceed as planned. This stategizing reminded me of a school age child trying to convince his/her mom to let him/her stay home because he/she is sick, has a fever, has a cough, is light headed, etc. - ONLY the oposite! For me it was going to be I feel fine, I have not had any major side effects/symptoms, I woulld not be able to come back for 2 weeks which would realy put me behind, etc. Luckily, the docotr was of the same wmindset...continue as planned BUT as a bonus I goe to have a 7 day course of an antibiotic (Levaquin) and get to go in for a booster shot (Neulasta) to help bolster my white cell production. So far so good, I guess.

1 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Chris Brown and i would like to show you my personal experience with Levaquin.

I am 50 years old. Have been on Levaquin for 5 days now. I think this is a very strong and dangerous drug. While some people may take it with no problems, many people are having severe and debilitating problems which seem to last and last. I do not think this drug should be prescribed for simple infections. There are other safer drugs to try first.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
After 3rd dose, experienced vision distortions - seeing shapes going up the wall, colored spots floating in front of my eyes, spent a night of total sleeplessness. On day 4 noticed a little tightness in my calves. I attributed it to the gardening I was doing. On day 5 woke up with very tight calves. It was painful to walk and very painful to go down stairs. When I got to work I googled side effect of Levaquin and saw all the problems people have had with taking it. I have been off of the medication for three days and still have a great deal of pain in my calves. I have difficulty walking and have had to discontinue any strenuous activity. I have never had a bad reaction to any other antibiotic. I hope these symptons go away soon. My doctor just said he would note "muscle aches" on my chart and said "all antibiotics have some side effects.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Chris Brown

Levaquin Prescription Information

 

Post a Comment

<< Home