Wednesday, December 27, 2006

yet another checkup...

Had another "routine service" appointment today.....took blood (results looked fine), checked my weight (a little more than I need BUT no drastic changes up or down, which is good), asked about any aches/pains/problems (no, no, and no). It was pretty much run-of-the-mill; HOWEVER, when we got the part where we discuss my scans, the Dr said that one of my lymph nodes in my neck was swollen on the scan. THAT DOES NOT SOUND GOOD. He poked and prodded and prodded and poked, but he could not feel anything. He said this is probably nothing to be concerned about. It could have been swollen due to a sore throat or a cold. If there was a tumor (like before) we would definitely be able to feel it....Soooooooo, we will wait and see what my next scan shows 6 months from now. Until then, he said to just keep and eye on that area and if I notice any changes call and come in to see him.

All in all, a good appointment. Nothing to cause concern yet. I guess this is all part of the fun of being a cancer survivor...wait and see...wait and see...hope/pray that you never again get "THE NEWS"...I will just continue to enjoy and appreciate my family, friends and life, remembering that each day is precious and NOT to be wasted...above all, live with no regrets, because we are all on borrowed time, some of us just have a higher "interest"/risk rate....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home