Friday, March 04, 2005

bringing it all together...

Zebbi and I went to the Meriter Cancer Center to meet with my Oncologist, Dr. David Hei on this day. The appointment went well, and Dr. Hei was extremely informative, caring, and listened to our concerns and thoughts. He explained that the type of cancer I have is very slow growing, non aggressive, and has a low chance of recurrence (all GREAT things to hear). He says my treatment may include either radiation, chemotherapy, or both. He said we had some time to investigate/research the best way to treat my cancer, and that he would be presenting my case to a multi-disciplinary committee which would be meeting in the next week. I then scheduled appointments to see a radiologist to discuss radiation therapy, and Dr. Hei again to go through my treatment plan and to have a bone marrow biopsy to rule out cancer having gotten into my marrow AND to establish a baseline reading to compare to later if needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home