Wednesday, February 16, 2005

the words you never want to hear...

My doctor called with the results of the biopsy. He called me at home and said the news was not good--exactly what you never want to hear. The test showed a positive result for cancer, specifically Nodular Lymphocyte Predominant Hodgkin's Disease. He answered all my questions and said he would get started making appointments for blood work, a PET scan, and a consultation with the Oncology department, as soon as possible. I immediately called my parents, brother, and grandparents to tell them the news. My wife called her parent and sister to let them know as well. We decided to wait an tell our kids until we knew a little more information about the exact kind of cancer I had and what the treatment plan would entail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home